Monday, April 11, 2011

Ciel Main Characters

Companion ThumbnailsRuler Thumbnails

I've been trying a different way of thumbnailing that is less gestural and more specific. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it as a process, though I like these characters. While it simplifies the process of going to the next step (a single or a few colored finishes), I'm concerned about diversity. But these are designs for a character that has to fit in a world that's already pretty defined; it might be useful to try this approach when making a character completely out of context.

Sorry about my lack of posting last week. On April 1 we had the Internship Fair, where a lot of great Baltimore companies came to talk to students about local opportunities for work. It was great, but I think it took a lot out of me!

There was a great panel on the game industry given by a few friends of mine. Colin Campbell of Big Huge Games was my professor for Advanced Photoshop Techniques, one of the best classes I took here at MICA, and Taylor Fischer of ZeniMax Online is a friend of mine who happened to TA that class. Go check out their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment