Thursday, April 22, 2010

Leaving Home


Leaving Home, originally uploaded by Ntkufreak.

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back to this and PAINT it, but I had a lot of fun with the drawing. I decided to slightly cartoon a boy. Then I put him on a boat. Then I gave him a dragon companion.

...Shrug!

I think it turned out pretty cute though. I ALWAYS heavily thumbnail and plan things out for formal projects, so it was nice to let a project just literally develop on its own, without any forethought.

And I had fun with colors and textures, but I'm still probably going to paint it. Would still love your input.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, dude, this looks great! I like the graphic style and I think the decorative border is a good idea. However, the colors in the border aren't working very well and should probably better reflect the colors in the piece. I recognize that they share colors, but the dominant colors in the border and in the art are totally different. I don't think you need to paint it, but the background could have more information.

    ReplyDelete