Thursday, September 16, 2010

More Character Silhouettes

It's been way too long since I last posted. Classes are really kicking off and I've been working on thesis. On the interim I've been working at a bookstore and cafe. It's been pretty alright.

I'm starting to collect work to put up for this semester, but I'll start with something for Advanced Character Development, which I am taking with Sean Murray, lead concept artist at Big Huge Games in Timonium. We essentially have a semester-long project to focus on in a small group. I'm already enjoying the creative dynamic we share - I think the right enthusiasm in a team can be very productive.

We are currently designing minor characters for a hypothetical video game inspired from the Hindu epic The Ramayana. Of the nigh-30 silhouettes I drew, these five were my favorites.



A few monkey villagers, a few human villagers. That short little guy with the huge staff-thing was the group favorite and so you'll be seeing him return as I develop his design further.

No comments:

Post a Comment